Thursday, November 22, 2007

Lots to be thankful for!

I was quite sleep deprived when I posted this morning so please forgive me if I was all over the place with my details.

Harper's little face is already starting to look better. Don't get me wrong, he looks nothing like his normal self but he has finally started moving in a positive direction. The swelling went down a little over night in his face. The doctor came in this morning on rounds and when he spoke Harper turned his head real fast in his direction. His meds were not quite strong enough anymore because after time they start to build up a tolerance and then the meds are not as effective. It was a blessing that the doc was right there. It took three people to hold Harper down and the doc was able to order a new med on top of the old one which he also doubled. He is now getting 1 ml. of Ketamine, 2ml. of morphine and 2ml. of versed every hour. He seems to be tolerating the feeding tube okay. His fever kind of comes and goes and they are managing it with Tylenol. We are very hopeful that he will bounce back quick. If we are still here on Sunday and it is kind of looking that way, Brent is going to head back home. My mom will pick Mason up from my brother's house and bring him to us so that he can go home too.

Please continue to pray for Harper! I will update again when I have more info.

No comments: