Thursday, November 22, 2007

Harper is at AR Children's Hospital

I have tried to let as many people know as possible but there is no way I can call everyone so I will try to update Harper's condition on here. Most of you know Harper pulled a cup of boiling water on his face and upper body on Tue. evening. He is now in ACH in the PICU. His burns have been classified as second degree. The plastic surgeon was in on Wed. afternoon and says we will know a lot more over the next 48 hours but that he thinks there will be little to no scaring. Harper has a breathing tube because he has a lot of swelling in his face and they were concerned about his airway becoming compromised. He was given a feeding tube earlier this evening (it is now 4:00 a.m.) and is now receiving Pediasure. He has been such a trooper! This whole ordeal has been just devistating, I think I cried for 24 hours straight. I just praise God that my baby will recover, walking the halls up here in the PICU is real eye opener as to just how bad it could be. We ask that you please pray for quick healing for Harper and for strength for all of us. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask in the comment area. I will try to check back in after we get all of our updates in the morning and answer any questions.

No comments: