Friday, November 30, 2007

Harper is out of PICU!!!

Harper was moved at about 11 a.m. this morning to a regular room. He has been weaned off of the oxygen and no longer has a central line. They had planned to replace the central line with a regular IV but after 12 sticks they gave up and changed all of his meds to oral. He still has the feeding tube. I must have misunderstood the doctor about possibly removing it. Harper basically has to start waking up and moving around and eating a normal amount of food before we can go home. He has yet to eat or drink anything. The nurse seemed to think we could be here for about another week. :(

Daddy is back. He got here a little after noon and will stay until Sunday. I hope to have somebody come on Monday for a day or two, maybe my mom. Mason stayed at home with Brent's mom so he probably thinks he is on vacation. I held my baby last night for the first time since we got here. It was wonderful for both of us. I am able to hold him all I want now so we are gonna be having a lot of snuggle time now.

Thank you all again for your faithful prayers, I know they are being heard!

No comments: