Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More teeth!

We have had a bit of a reprieve from the teething until the last few days. I realized today that Harper has had very good reason to be fussy. He had his first one year molar break through. If I hadn't been tickling him with his head thrown back in a full out laugh, I may not have figured it out for a long time. I can't believe we have to do more of this teething... ugh!

Otherwise Harper is just the light of my world. I just melt when he smiles at me. He is growing so fast and seems to have a new skill to show off almost daily. He is getting quite good at saying mama and dada. Mama comes out a lot when he is distressed and wants me because I am his comforter. He knows that Brent is dada and calls to him when he sees or wants to go see his daddy. He said bye-bye a few days ago when I prompted him. Yesterday he picked the phone up off the floor put it to his ear and said hello. That was a proud moment because those of you who know me well know that he has obviously been paying close attention to me, I live on the phone. I think he picks up on things quick because he watches Mason too.

Mason told me today that "this baby is wearing me out", because he was helping me watch him and Harper was not happy and kept fussing. Mason is still totally in love with his little brother. They play together a lot. For the most part Mason is patient and understanding with Harper. There are times when he just wants him to go away too. I think they are destined to be best friends for life. That just makes my heart sing!

Have a safe and happy 4th of July.

No comments: