Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Illinois here we come.


Well folks, tomorrow we leave on our annual family trip. I refrain from calling it a vacation because there are a few key elements that set this trip apart from a traditional vacation. For one a vacation should involve a body of water, be it a lake, ocean or river, any one would suffice. The next is you should actually be involved in the festivities on a vacation, not sitting at husbands relatives house taking care of the children while said husband is at the Nascar race drinking beer! My third reason is that my idea of a vacation does not include in-laws. Brent's mom takes this trip with us every year and that is fine but I think I would like it to just be Brent and the boys along for an real vacation. Last is that unless you are going to the coast, a vacation should never involve a 12 hour car ride especially with a 4 and 1 year old. Wish us luck.

Our eight year anniversary is next month and I have given my husband the challenge of planning a small trip for the four of us. I will let you know how he does or if he does.

I will check back in when we get home. We are coming back late on Mon. so it will probably be Tue. before I post. Love to all!!!

No comments: