Friday, July 06, 2007
Can a mom catch a break?
Sometimes I feel like I am on a merry-go-round. Harper has been less fussy the last couple of days but now Mason is sick. He started complaining about feeling bad yesterday about 7p.m. We gave him some Motrin and a bath and then put him to bed. I went in to check on him about midnight and he was on fire! I took his temperature and was a little freaked out because it was 104.3 degrees. We had him take another dose of Motrin and continued to check his temperature for the next hour to make sure it was coming down. He came to our room and woke Brent up about 3a.m. and told him that his bed was wet and he wanted to sleep on our floor. He must have been sweating profusely when his fever broke. When he woke up this morning he drank a little sprite (the sick persons drink of choice) and then proceeded to throw it up on my bedroom floor. Yes, the bedroom that has brand spanking new carpet. On the bright side, at least red punch is not the sick persons drink of choice, it would have been much harder to clean up. On a typical day Mason eats quite a bit if through grazing alone but today he has had almost nothing until about 9p.m. He seems to have his appetite back now and is more energetic too. I am praying it was just a 24 hour bug and that Harper does not pick it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment