So maybe I am not such a seasoned professional at this baby proofing thing after all. While I was in the bathroom, Harper made his way to his favorite no-no spot, the door stop at the front door. He then spotted the bath & body works wallflower (scented plug-in) pulled it from the wall, unscrewed it and started sucking the protruding wick. In my defense I had just moved a table that had been hiding it but left the plug-in there because we had showed the house to a potential buyer earlier that day and I wanted it to smell nice when they walked in. Anyway, it obviously tasted pretty bad because he immediately started to throw up. I walked out of the bathroom to find him with the forbidden item in his hand and vomit all over him and the floor. I started to freak out and called Brent who told me to hang up and call poison control, of course (I am not good under pressure). Fortunately he had only consumed a small amount that is apparently not toxic. They were however concerned that he may have aspirated some of the vomit so we had to watch him close for any wheezing or fever. It has been long enough now that we are confident he is fine. It was a hard lesson to learn and I am so thankful he is okay.
Mason has turned into a total bookworm. I am so thrilled that he loves to be read to. He also enjoys "reading" books to us on occasion. I have a love for reading that I rarely get to indulge in anymore, but never the less my love has not changed so passing that passion on to my kids is quite exciting. Mason will start a kindergarten ready program at his kids day out in the fall so I hope all the reading we do helps to prepare him. I turned our phone number into a song and have been singing it to him to help him learn it easier. He always remembers the first three and the last two but mumbles the two in the middle. I will continue sing the silly song until he gets it and then it's on to our new address. My friend Reagan talked about her daughter being strong willed in her new blog and as bad as I felt for her, it made me feel better because I know I am not alone and that maybe Mason is not that unusual after all. I guess misery really does love company.
I saw Tyler a few days ago and he looks so good, except for all of the skateboarding bruises and scrapes. He got his hair cut really short again so it looks very nice. I don't see him as often as I would like so I really cherish any time we spend together.
Let me know who is checking in, I would love to hear from you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm flattered you mentioned me in your blog. I am obsessed with blogging now. I may have to stopped.
Post a Comment