Sunday, March 18, 2007

My crazy life!

Okay, I know I have really fallen off of the update wagon. Life has just been so crazy here. Since I last posted everyone in my house has been sick at least once, a few of us have had multiple bouts with various illnesses. Fortunately everybody is well now.

Sweet little Harper is trying to cut his 6th tooth. He is crawling now and therefore into everything. The doorstop to our front door is one of his favorite forbidden areas. The fireplace is a real problem right now, he can get up on the hearth and have his hands inside the chain screens before you can turn around. Any cord that is plugged into the wall is also a huge attraction for him. He seems to be going through a separation anxiety phase right now. I have heard that a lot of babies do that around 9 months (Mason never did). By the way he is now 10 1/2 months old. He gets upset if I am not where he can see me. If I walk out of the room he will totally loose it. It better just be a phase because I will loose my mind if he doesn't grow out of this soon. He does however adore his Daddy and brother. As long as he is well rested and well fed then he does well with either one of them. The nursery at church seems hopeless right now, at least on Wed. nights.

Mason had his Power Ranger birthday party at Fun City. Five of his little friends came and they all seemed to have a good time. He keeps asking me if he is still four. It cracks me up and confuses me all at once. He loved all of the goodies that the Easter bunny brought, chocolate being his favorite. He got his first chocolate bunny this year. That was always a big tradition in our house growing up. Mason's was very small and I would only let him have a couple of small bites at a time.

Our big news is that we bought a new house. We have been cruising neighborhoods that we like for quite a while, just hoping to stumble on the right house. We found it in one of the areas that we love. The yard is great, 2 acres with lots of mature trees. We had a fantastic egg hunt Sun. afternoon in the new backyard. The house is 4177 square feet. That is more than double what we have now! It is 4 bed, 4 1/2 bath. We have had all new floors put in and a lot of painting also so it looks really good now. When we first saw it I was overwhelmed by the amount of updating that needed to be done. There is still lots to be done but we can live there and do the rest, one project at a time. Mason is excited about his new room and about climbing the trees (only the small ones of course). Harper is getting the smallest room which happens to be about the size of our master bedroom in the old house. All of the rooms are wonderfully large and it has an insane amount of built in storage space and closet space. The new pantry is as big or bigger than our old laundry room. I am really stoked about that! I will post more details as we work on it. We are still not quite sure when we are moving, maybe another week or two. Oh yeah, please pray that our old house sells soon. We hope to not be making two mortgage payments for long.

I hope you all have not given up on me since I have been such a slacker. Maybe I am back on track now, but no promises.

No comments: