Friday, January 12, 2007

Harper has teeth!

Time goes fast when you have children. My boys keep me so busy that I am really struggling to find time to sit down and update the site. I am sorry I have not been more faithful.

Harper has had a few milestone moments since I last posted. On Dec. 23rd, he pulled to standing while in his crib. He has just now gotten good at balancing once he is up. If he is anywhere close to anything that he can grab a hold of then he is trying to pull up now. He is getting up on his knees and rocking now and also moving backwards when on his tummy. He gets very mad when he runs into anything that stops his progress across the room. When he is sitting up he can lean over on his hands and pull a little then readjust and pull again to get where he wants to go. I have seen him move across a room that way, it is quite funny. Another milestone is 3 teeth! I noticed signs of one on top first but the two on the bottom have actually come in first. He seems to be sleeping better now that they are in, we had a few terrible nights in a row before I figured out what was happening. At his six month check up on Dec. 26th (he was actually 7 months that day) he weighed 21 lbs.(90th %) and was 26 inches long (25th %). He was right on track developmentally except for the pulling up which Dr. said was early for his age. He is growing so fast, almost out of all of his 6/9 month clothes. I just want to make it all slow down. Daddy says Harper is our last one (I am still on the fence about it) so I want him to stay a baby for as long as possible.

Mason is already planning his birthday party. We still have two and a half months before he turns four but he is already excited. Power Rangers are his new thing. That is the theme he has picked out for the party. I got him a black sweat suit for his Jitterbugs performance (a creative movement class at his preschool) and he calls it his black ranger costume. He started back to school on Thursday and I'm not sure which one of us was more ready. We have also worked out a weekly play date with Mason's friend Robert. Mason loves to play with Robert and they seem to really enjoy each others company because they can play for hours without conflict. That's a pretty big feat for boys their age. I enjoy the opportunity to cultivate and nurture his little friendships.

We spent Christmas day with Tyler. We opened presents and ate the traditional meal. I think everyone had a nice time. I always enjoy having all of my boys together.

Thanks for checking in, hope you are enjoying the site.

No comments: