Saturday, December 16, 2006

Long time no post

Hello again,
My friend/neighbor, Melanie was giving me a hard time because I have not posted in such a long time so here I am. We have been busy with our trip to Louisiana and just with life in general so I have just not made time to sit down and update.

Tyler's birthday evening was nice. We ate too much and just enjoyed each other's company. He looks so good and seems to be really happy. He is looking for a job because he works with Mia, his girlfriend and they feel like it would be better for their relationship if they were not togther all the time. He would like to find something that does not involve food. He is planning to spend Christmas day with us here at our house and I am very happy about that. I got to spend the afternoon with him on Thursday and that was good, at least for me. I think his little brothers make him a little crazy because he is not used to them and their noise.

Mason is already talking about his birthday. I can't remeber what got him started on it but he talks about it all the time now. I think maybe because he has been to a couple of friend's parties in the past few weeks at the place where we are going to have his party. When he gets on a kick about something he can be relentless. We have also been talking a lot about Jesus' birthday. I am trying really hard to keep our focus on the Lord this holiday season. Mason is not really excited about Santa because we have not really played it up this year. If it wasn't for the "better be good or Santa won't bring you anything" I would be happy to drop him from our tradition all together. Mason is still an awesome big brother. He always asks to hold Harper and loves to kiss and hug on him. He is such a joy.

Harper is sitting up on his own and when on his tummy he is trying to pull his knees up under him. He can only manage to make himself go backwards for now. He is such a happy baby. He smiles this big huge beautiful smile most of the time. He has gotten really chubby. We are actually getting more comments about his cheeks than his red hair these days. Speaking of hair, Harper and my neice, Tess have almost the exact same hair color. I am glad because she has beautiful hair.

Today is Brent's 31st birthday. We had a busy day because we hosted the Tabler Christmas get together at our house today. I think everyone had a nice time. Mason really enjoyed the cousins, 2 of the 3 are red heads by the way. They are a lot older than him but they still had fun playing together.

Well that is it for now but I will try to be more consistent with my postings.

No comments: