Harper had a check up at ACH's Burn/Plastic Surgery Clinic on Thursday. We saw Claire the physician's assistant that he has seen for all three visits there. She was yet again amazed at how beautifully he has healed. Unless you are looking for it, you do not notice any marks. That was one of my huge guilt factors when he was recovering in the hospital. I had visions of a severely scared face that would always get him second looks. I know by reading my posts during that time you would never have known that I was not completely confident he would be perfect in the end. That, my friends is what I do. I put on my smile, say all is well and I keep moving. I am slowly learning with the help of some amazing friends that I don't always have to wear the smile and pretend everything is okay. It is okay to have tough times and those who love you will probably love you even more during those times, that is if they really love you. Anyway, back to Harper. After his check up they released him from any further visits!!! Yea for Harper! We have the option to go back for a follow up if he has any skin changes or issues. It is good to know that there is a world class plastic surgeon/burn specialist there if we ever need him. I love you Dr. Hickerson, thanks for using your abundant knowledge to heal my baby.
Yesterday was my birthday, I know I said I wasn't having anymore but the only way to stop them is to die and am not ready to do that yet. My peeps, Lori and Becky took my out on the town. We were party animals. First it was the Catfish Hole for dinner (yes they told them it was my b-day and they sang to me in front of everyone) we had a great time eating wonderful food and just enjoying great conversation. Lots of laughing. After dinner it was off to the mall where of course, we shopped for our kids. We were there until closing time and then off to my favorite place, Target. I love Target, I could walk around and look at and touch everything in that place. We were the last three customers to leave when they closed. I remember closing down the after hours club a hundred years ago, oh how life has changed. I can not say enough how much I enjoy and appreciate my girlfriends.
To my loved ones far away, I miss you and wish I could see you more than you know. I am thinking of you always!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you had a great one ( it sound like you had a lot of fun:-) Talk to you soon!
It was a hoot! Thanks for the belated wishes. Are you still down two or are they back? Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment