Monday, February 18, 2008

Mason the floor eater.

I know, I know, when I logged on just now I was a little surprised that I have not blogged in over two months. It is not that I don't have a zillion things to talk about , it's just that when I have the time I would rather read all of my friends blogs. By the time I am ready to post I have a room full of children looking for my attention. A lot has happened in the last few months so I will do my best in the time I have to get you up to speed.



First of all about my title, Mason the floor eater. On a recent trip to Wal-mart I dropped a donut out of the self-serve counter. Mason was kind enough to pick it up but promptly started asking to eat it. I explained that because it had been on the floor it had to be thrown away. Mason quickly corrected me by saying that it was okay because he eats off of the floor all the time. "No really Mom, It's okay I'm a floor eater". Of course I am looking around trying to figure out if anyone is listening to my child because I am mortified but also trying not to laugh because it is quite funny. We ended up having a discusion about the differences in the floors in public places and the so called 3 second rule at home. Other than Mason revealing our "dirty" little secret in Wal-mart he is doing great. Both of the little guys are sick right now. I don't think it is the flu but who knows. Mason is all excited about his 5th birthday. We are planning a dinosaur party with a bounce house. I am already a little stressed about the weather. March is just so unpredictable.



Harper is fantastic! His burns are completely unnoticable on his face now, that is as long as he is not upset. He still flushes real easy where he was burned. The doctors still don't think he will need anything done other than the possibility of some dermabrasion but even that would only be elective and not until he is 4 or 5 years old. We have been so blessed! Harper is talking a lot. He finally started putting words together to form simple sentences. We don't always understand him but he can say just about anything.



The big news at our house is that Tyler has moved back home. I has been an adjustment for all of us especially him. His roommate lost his job and Ty could not afford to stay there alone so he is back home for a while. He has a pretty strong interest in the Air Force, the only problem may be his WPW (Wolf Parkinson White, a heart condition). He is waiting to take the GED test before he talks to a recruiter. I hope it works out because it would be a great way for him to get his life on track and get him away from some of the not-so-good infuences in his life. He is such a good kid and he really wants to do right and please me but at 20 years old it is hard to balance everything.

Thanks for not giving up on me. I am going to start blogging before I read everyone else's stuff if my will power holds out. By the way congratulations to my friend Reagan and her husband Andy. They welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby boy into the world on Monday. His name is Jackson Wyatt and he is a keeper!! I am sooo happy for you guys. Love to all.

2 comments:

Amber Lanning Photography said...

So Im hoping you get this....call me!!!! Amber Lanning

Reags said...

Are you alive?