Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday, teething and swim lessons.

I feel so old. July 17th was my 35th birthday. I had the joy of having a cyst removed from my butt cheek and I still haven't recovered. My insurance company sent me a letter telling me my rates were going up because I am now in a different age bracket. To top it all off the day after my birthday I went for my yearly gynecologist appointment and she informed me that because of my age I now have the joy of getting a mammogram. Remember when 35 year old people seemed like they were ancient. Apparently we are...

My poor baby finally cut his last one year molar and now the canines are about to erupt. The kid just can't catch a break. He is really struggling with these, runny nose, low grade fever and trouble sleeping. We are both very sleep deprived but at least he makes up for it a little with his naps. He is now repeating a lot of words that we prompt him to say. He pointed at a book a few days ago and said book without the k. He is moving right along with his verbal skills. I think he is going to be an early talker like Mason was.

Mason started swim lessons today. We are doing private lessons at a local athletic club and he seemed to really enjoy himself. He is in the back yard "practicing" right now. I hope in the next few years that Brent will give in to the pool idea. The boys would get so much use out of a nice in-ground pool. Maybe after we get the updates done to our house he will be more interested.

For our friends in the NWA area, we finally painted our shutters and it has made such a difference in the appearance of our house. Drive by and check it out if you are in the area. I will try to get a picture to post soon for you out of towners. Hubby is yelling for help from the back yard so I better go.

No comments: